Go from work hours to after hours without compromise, thanks to up to 383 kilometres (238 miles) of range on a full charge.1 Not only can you go where you want, but the Chevrolet Bolt EV makes it fun to get there. From the beautifully-sculpted exterior to its impressive performance, you’re in for an exceptional driving experience. Plus, with an incredibly spacious interior and the advanced technology, you could say Bolt EV is everything you want in an everyday car. It’s this intense level of detail that earns respect, which is why Bolt EV was awarded the 2017 Motor Trend Car of the Year.
Regen on DemandTM steering wheel paddle
DC fast charging provision
259 mm (10.2-in.) diagonal colour touch-screen
Rear vision camera
Rear camera mirror
Leather-wrapped heated steering wheel
Know Your Power
Want to know how much energy you’re using? There are screens for that. Valuable, real-time information like your battery levels, range estimation, charge settings and climate controls is available on the standard 259 mm (10.2-in.) diagonal colour touch-screen and 203 mm (8-in.) diagonal driver cluster.
Some days are long. Your range is, too.
Not sure how far 383 kilometres (238 miles)1 will get you? Think about it this way: If your daily commute is about 80 kilometres (50 miles) round trip, you’ll have more than enough range to get through an average day – and you could go up to three or four days, or even more without needing to plug in.1
With just a simple pull of the paddle on your steering wheel, you’re able to slow down Bolt EV without using the brake pedal. This helps convert the energy normally lost during braking into usable electricity and then transfers it back to the battery. Which means the braking power is in your hands.
Instead of losing energy when slowing down, this feature helps you transfer energy to the battery. It works like this: When driving in Low mode, you can slow down – or even come to a complete stop – by simply lifting your foot off the accelerator. This means you may use your brakes less and help increase your range.
A Note on Safety: You should always use your brake pedal if you need to stop immediately.
Electronic Precision Shift
Allows you to easily and electronically select gears, while providing smooth and precise response. The traditional transmission shifter is replaced by an electronic shifter toggle which features a modern, clean design that affords you more open front passenger space.
Charging: It’s just as easy as plugging in your cellphone.
The great thing about the Chevrolet Bolt EV is you can top off your battery as much or little as you like. Or you can simply plug in at night and by the morning it’s charged up and ready to go. Plugging in could become a part of your daily routine and you don’t have to leave your garage. How convenient.
The available 240-volt charging unit (professional installation required) is the fastest way to recharge your battery at home and offers more power than the standard 120-volt outlet. This higher-voltage system can provide a full charge in as little as 9.5 hours.4
Bolt EV offers standard DC Fast Charging provision, which provides up to 145 kilometres (90 miles) of range in about 30 minutes of charge time. DC Fast Charging is typically available for use at select public charging stations and is perfect for topping off your charge any time while on the go. By the time you finish a cup of coffee, you’ll be powered up and so will your Bolt EV.
Program your charge settings whether you’re home or away. Using the GPS signal in the car, Bolt EV will know when you’re home and will activate according to your preset times. If you’re somewhere else, Bolt EV will know to charge according to your settings. You can even delay charging until utility rates are at their lowest off-peak prices.
The Battery: Where It All Starts
A nickel-rich lithium-ion battery technology makes it possible to enjoy the Chevrolet Bolt EV for a very long time. Here’s how: The battery chemistry enhances heat resistance, allowing the battery to tolerate heat before using power to cool it down. And a liquid cooling system helps manage the battery temperature when climate heat increases.
Plus, the battery pack has an energy capacity of 60 kWh – which provides an estimated range of up to 383 kilometres (238 miles) on a full charge.1 So rest assured, you can get to where you need to go.
The battery pack and the propulsion system also come with the peace of mind of an 8-year/160,000 km limited warranty5 so you can drive with confidence for many years to come.
Charging stations are all around
Locate chargers near you.
All Eyes Over Here
A crossover designed for the everyday come and go, Bolt EV is a natural head turner, with beautifully-sculpted proportions and eye-catching details. You may have to look again before you even notice it’s an all-electric vehicle.
Upload All You Want
With up to 1603 L (56.6. cu. ft.)6 of cargo space with the seats folded, Bolt EV is engineered to provide more room than you’d expect. So when it comes to more usable room for your stuff, you have the flexibility to carry larger, oddly-shaped items whenever you need to.
Pull It Up on the Big Screen
The interactive, standard 259 mm (10.2-in.) diagonal tablet-like display makes it easy to view and quickly access real-time vehicle information. Split-screens and expanded views allow you to simply navigate and retrieve your music, contacts and more. Plus, night and day modes provide enhanced visibility.
Apple CarPlay Compatibility7
Bolt EV offers support for Apple CarPlayTM,7 a smarter way to use your iPhone® to listen to Apple Music®, get directions with Apple Maps, call friends and more.
Android Auto Compatibility7
Connect your compatible smartphone to the centre display to access select apps, your calendar and playlists or navigate with Google MapsTM.
Available OnStar® 4G LTE with Wi-Fi Hotspot connectivity8
Our strong signal means you have a reliable connection, plus the ability to connect up to seven compatible devices with direct access to streaming content, music, entertainment and more.
Turn your compatible mobile device into a command centre for your vehicle. Start/stop your engine and lock/unlock your doors with the tap of a finger. You can even view diagnostic information and set parking reminders from virtually anywhere. It’s a simpler and smarter way to stay connected.
Helping protect you is an important job. And helping you prevent collisions is a big part of that. The 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV has the technology to help make your driving safer, including a number of available ingenious radar- and camera-based systems for 360-degree protection.
Bolt EV offers an array of available safety technologies to help prevent potential crash situations on the road.
Front Pedestrian Braking
Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
Utilizes Advanced High-Strength Steel Frame
Available OnStar Automatic Crash Response11
Available OnStar Advisors
Safety starts with you. Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information.
PROVINCIAL INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia have announced provincial run incentive programs towards the purchase or lease of new plug-in hybrid electric or battery electric vehicles, including the Chevrolet Volt. Click here to learn more about Ontario's Electric Vehicle Incentive Program. Click here to learn more about Quebec's Electric Vehicle Incentive Program. And click here to learn more about British Columbia's program.3
We’re with You All the Way
As your comprehensive owner benefit program, Chevrolet Complete Care ensures our commitment to owner satisfaction for all 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV models.
8-year/160,000 km5 of battery and electric components coverage
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,600 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,600 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,600 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
1. 2017 Bolt EV energy consumption and range ratings based on GM testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Full charge required. Actual consumption, driving range and energy cost will vary based on temperature, driving conditions, use of HVAC and/or accessories, and how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
2. Based on initial vehicle movement and GM testing.
3. Provincial electric vehicle incentive (“Incentive”) referenced is a maximum incentive or rebate amount provided by the provincial governments of British Columbia, Ontario, or Quebec (each a “Province”) on eligible vehicles. The maximum amount of the Incentive, terms and conditions of the Incentive, and any eligibility or application requirements will vary by Province. The actual amount of the Incentive will vary by Province, by model and trim level, by MSRP, by payment method and term, and by any additional criteria established by each Province. Ontario and Quebec: Incentive will be applied after applicable taxes are calculated. British Columbia: Incentive will be applied before applicable taxes are calculated. The Incentive programs are administered independently by each Province and are subject to cancellation or change by the respective Provinces. General Motors Company of Canada is not responsible for the administration of Incentive programs, is not responsible for any changes or cancellations to the program, and makes no representations about the actual amount or eligibility for the Incentive. Incentive information is provided for informational purposes only. Conditions and limitations apply. Consult your Province or see your dealer for details.
4. When using the available 240-volt charging station and a 32-amp charge level. Professional installation required. Charge time may vary with temperature.
5. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for details.
6. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
7. Vehicle user interfaces are products of Apple and Google and their terms and privacy statements apply.
8. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Service plan required. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires WPA2 compatible mobile device and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Services vary by model, service plan, conditions as well as geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi.
9. Available on select Apple and Android devices. Some features may require a paid OnStar service plan. Features and capability may vary by vehicle, device, conditions as well as geographical and technical restrictions. Device data connection required.
10. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more information.
11. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, details and systems limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data.
12. Based on EnerGuide Fuel Consumption data for an annual driving distance of 20,000 km and an average electricity price of $0.13 kWh.
14. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
15. Available in 10 Canadian provinces, 3 territories and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-888-539-7474 to cancel. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. See SiriusXM “Terms & Conditions” and complete details at siriusxm.ca.
16. Not compatible with all devices.
17. The OnStar Basic Plan is available for 5 years from the delivery date of the eligible new 2017 model year vehicle to the original owner and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. It includes the monthly Diagnostics Report emails (capabilities vary by model), Dealer Maintenance Notification, access to select vehicle mobile app features and more. This plan does not include emergency, security or navigation services. These and other services require a paid or Add-On Plan. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, coverage maps, details and system limitations. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T.
18. Before making a lane change, always check the Side Blind Zone Alert display, check the exterior and interior rear-view mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards and start the turn signal.