In 1966, Chevrolet introduced the world to Camaro and a love affair was born. Now, after 50 years of pushing the envelope, advanced performance technology, meticulous design and engineering mastery come together in the sixth-generation Camaro. With refinements that can be seen in every sculpted bodyline, felt in every turn, and heard in the roar of the three available powertrains, the sixth-generation Camaro is the lightest, leanest, and meanest Camaro yet.
Sculpted to Perfection
Built around a smaller, lighter architecture than the previous generation, the 2017 Camaro takes full advantage of its tighter proportions with more responsive braking, better attack in and out of corners, and more nimble performance. The smaller, more athletic sixth-generation Camaro also features a fastback profile and more pronounced quarter panels, creating a road presence that’s hard to ignore.
Tested and Perfected
From the wider opening and precise draft angle of the grille, to the roof’s striking “reverse Mohawk” channel, to the available lift-reducing stanchion spoiler, the design of every surface and edge was scrutinized during extensive wind tunnel testing until it helped improve airflow and performance.
Drivers, Take Your Seat
Premium materials. Rich textures. Tailored stitching. Refinement comes standard inside a cockpit optimized for performance driving. The sharpened styling includes:
Rotating HVAC dials that replace extra dash buttons for quicker, intuitive climate control
A centre console layout with dual cupholders and ample storage yet exceptional ergonomics for shifting
The leather-wrapped (available heated) flat-bottom steering wheel that allows extra room for knees during manoeuvres
An available 203mm (8-in.) touch-screen radio
An available reconfigurable instrument cluster that displays key performance and vehicle info
Front sport bucket seats with aggressive bolsters that provide support when experiencing higher g forces and available heating/ventilation that boosts all-season comfort
Interior Spectrum Lighting
Available on Camaro 2LT and standard on Camaro 2SS, interior spectrum lighting lets drivers select one of 24 colours to course around the radio, door trim and cupholders, giving off an ambient glow. The colour spectrum reacts to changes in drive mode, or you can select “show mode” to trigger a pulsing, full-colour light show.
Open Roads, Meet Open Sky
The Chevrolet Camaro Convertible offers the same roofline as Camaro Coupe with a fully automatic soft top that seamlessly disappears beneath the hard tonneau cover with the push of a single button – even at speeds up to 50 km/h. And with modular underbody bracing for increased torsional stiffness, you’ll experience the same sharp, nimble handling as the Coupe.
All Camaro models start from a toned exterior sculpted for aerodynamic efficiency. LT comes standard with 18-inch aluminum wheels, LED daytime running lamps, halogen projector-beam headlamps and a grille unique to LT. Add the RS Appearance Package for:
20-inch machined-face aluminum wheels
Decklid-mounted lip spoiler
HID headlamps with LED signature daytime running lamps
LED tail lamps
Chrome-accented grille with iconic RS badging
Go all the way with the legendary Camaro SS. Rule road and track with standard 20-inch wheels, performance tuned suspension, Brembo® 4-piston front and rear brake calipers, HID headlamps with LED signature accents, LED tail lamps, plus:
Unique rear stanchion spoiler
Distinct hood with functional air vents
Wide, assertive grille with integrated brake cooling ducts
The venerable 6.2L LT1 aluminum small-block V8 engine with 455 horsepower and 455 lb.-ft. of torque
6-speed manual transmission with Active Rev
Available Magnetic Ride Control® suspension
Take Over the Track
The iconic 1LE Track Package takes Camaro performance to a whole new level, offering stiffer suspension, increased downforce, Goodyear® Eagle F1 summer-only tires,21 and enhanced braking and cooling systems. With distinct packages available for Camaro SS Coupe, and for the first time ever on Camaro LT V6 Coupe, 1LE gives drivers the performance edge they’ve been searching for. The ultimate track day weapon that you can drive to and from the track.
Engineered for Precision, Inside and Out
With a lightweight platform, precision steering, a sophisticated 4-wheel independent suspension system and intelligent performance technologies, the 2017 Camaro is meticulously engineered to be lighter, leaner, faster and more nimble than previous generations.
From the ferocious standard 2.0L turbo to the available LT1 V8 powerhouse, the Camaro sports car has a choice of three proven powertrain options, all engineered to make sure you get the power you need.
Mass savings allows the standard LT turbo engine to put all of its 275 horsepower and a hefty 295 lb.-ft. of torque to work. Expect great efficiency offering a fuel consumption rating of 7.7 L/100 km highway,5 and brisk acceleration with 0 to 96 km/h times of 5.4 seconds6 (manual) and 5.5 seconds (automatic).6
Boasting a robust output of 335 horsepower and 284 lb.-ft. of torque, the 3.6L V6 is available on LT and features Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing. When mated to the available 8-speed automatic, this powertrain includes fuel-saving Active Fuel Management™ technology and clocks 0 to 96 km/h in 5.1 seconds6 (5.2 seconds with 6-speed manual transmission).
The available LT1 V8 catapults Camaro SS from 0 to 96 km/h in 4 seconds flat2 (4.3 seconds with manual transmission) and features a prodigious 455 horsepower and 455 lb.-ft. of torque. With Direct Injection, Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management™ (automatic), its fuel efficiency is just as impressive with a highway rating of 8.7 L/100 km.7
Get in Gear
Whether you choose the convenience of the available 8-speed paddle-shift automatic or the tactile control of the 6-speed manual (with Active Rev Matching on SS), either transmission option makes for an exhilarating driving experience.
Drivers, Make Your Selection
Customize your driving experience by selecting up to eight different vehicle characteristics, including Sport, Tour and Track with the SS. There’s also Snow/Ice modes for when you want to show winter that nothing stands in the way of a Camaro.
Tuned to Be Heard
Available with V6 and V8 powertrains, the dual-mode exhaust system features quad outlets and electric valves that automatically open and close the active exhaust. It’s tuned to allow peak performance at high speeds and an aggressive idle, and works with the Driver Mode Selector to create a unique exhaust note for each setting.
High-Performance Goes High-Tech
The 2017 Chevrolet Camaro isn’t just equipped with performance technology, it also offers available driver-centric tech like a Head-Up Display, a wireless smartphone charging pad,8 and Apple CarPlayTM9 and Android AutoTM9 compatibility to upgrade the driving experience.
Apple CarPlay™ compatibility9 – a smarter way to use your iPhone in the car
Standard MyLink10 178mm (7-in.) or available 203mm (8-in.) diagonal touch-screen
Android Auto™ compatibility9
Change radio stations or control playlists on USB-connected devices with voice-activated controls
Available 9-speaker Bose® premium audio system (Coupe only)
Available 203mm (8-in.) diagonal reconfigurable centre screen display in instrument cluster
Teen Driver technology
Available Head-Up Display
Electronic park brake, passive entry and push-button start
Power front sport bucket seats with available Memory Package
Available heated steering wheel
From Downshifts to Downloads
Stay connected. Camaro offers built-in available OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi®4 hotspot capability with a powerful signal that gives you and your passengers the ability to connect up to seven devices12 to the Internet.
Along with all the performance technology integrated into this precision driving machine, Camaro offers impressive safety technology to help you stay safe and in control when you’re on the road.
Rear vision camera
StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System
Available active safety features: Side Blind Zone Alert15 with Lane Change Alert, Rear Park Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert
8 standard airbags16 on Camaro Coupe
Driver and front passenger knee airbags
Ultra-high-strength steel safety cage
OnStar® Guidance Plan4 standard for six months, including OnStar Automatic Crash Response System
Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important safety information.
We’re With You All the Way
As your comprehensive owner benefit program, Chevrolet Complete Care ensures our commitment to owner satisfaction for all 2017 Chevrolet vehicles.
2-year/48,000 km17 Complimentary Oil Changes18
5-year/160,000 km17of 24-Hour Roadside Assistance with Courtesy Transportation
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,650 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,650 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,650 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
1. Requires SS model with 6.2L V8 engine.
2. Requires available 8-speed automatic transmission. Based on initial movement. Based on GM testing of Coupe model.
3. Requires SS model.
4. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Service plan required. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires WPA2 compatible mobile device and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Services vary by model, service plan, conditions as well as geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi.
5. 2017 Camaro equipped with 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder and available 8-speed automatic transmission. Fuel consumption estimates based on GM preliminary testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
6. Based on initial movement. Based on GM testing of Coupe model.
7. 2017 Camaro equipped with 6.2L V8 and available 8-speed automatic transmission. Fuel consumption estimates based on GM preliminary testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
8. The system wirelessly charges one PMA 1.0, WPG 1.0 and WPC 1.1 (Qi) compatible mobile device. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see www.chevrolettotalconnect.ca.
9. Vehicle user interfaces are products of Apple and Google and their terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply.
10. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit chevrolettotalconnect.ca for more details.
11. Available in 10 Canadian provinces, 3 territories and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-877-209-0079 to cancel. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. See SiriusXM “Terms & Conditions” and complete details at siriusxm.ca.
12. Devices must be WPA2 compliant. Wi-Fi devices manufactured prior to 2006 may not be compatible. Please consult your device manufacturer for information regarding the WPA2 security protocol and Wi-Fi device compatibility. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi. Visit onstar.ca for system details and limitations.
13. The OnStar Basic Plan is available for 5 years from the delivery date of the eligible new 2017 model year and newer vehicles to the original owner and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. It includes the monthly Diagnostics Report emails (capabilities vary by model), Dealer Maintenance Notification, access to select vehicle mobile app features and more. This plan does not include emergency, security or navigation services. These and other services require a paid or Add-On Plan. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, coverage maps, details and system limitations. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires WPA2 compatible mobile device and data plan. Data plans are provided by AT&T.
14. Available on select Apple and Android devices. Some features may require a paid OnStar service plan. Features and capability may vary by vehicle, device, conditions as well as geographical and technical restrictions. Device data connection required.
15. Before making a lane change, always check the exterior and interior rear-view mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards and start the turn signal.
16. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more safety information.
17. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for details.
18. Limit of four complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter services in total. Fluid top-offs, inspections, tire rotations, wheel alignments and balancing, etc., are not covered. Conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for details.
21. Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, see your dealer for details.