Stingray is a perfect driving machine, born from brilliant engineering and precision performance. Its aggressively sculpted exterior is a statement of intent; its driver-oriented cockpit is a creation of purpose. Simply put, the 2017 Stingray is designed for savvy drivers who demand more from their sports cars.
The Corvette Stingray combines race-proven technology with provocative, purposeful design. Every element serves a purpose, from functional exterior vents to intelligent driver controls. Available in coupe and convertible with a host of personalization options, there’s a Stingray to satisfy any driving enthusiast.
Hood air extractor
A functional hood air extractor features precisely angled blades for optimal cooling airflow. The result is reduced lift and increased downforce, improving high-speed handling.
The available Z51 Performance Package includes dual brake ducts that direct air through the wheelwells, cooling the front brakes and reducing brake fade for optimal stopping performance.
A powertrain cooling system, adapted from Corvette Racing, guides airflow to cool two separate heat exchangers, which helps reduce temperatures during high-performance driving.
Stingray features brilliantly sculpted headlamps and tail lamps that emanate crisp, bright colour and provide optimal lighting performance.
Bi-Xenon HID headlamps achieve high and low beams with a single light engine
Edge-lit LED turn signals are framed in black chrome housing
Four-element tail lamps recede into reverse reflector for crisp, even lighting
The centre high-mounted stop lamp is mounted in the aerodynamic rear spoiler
Designed from the start to be an open-top vehicle, no additional reinforcements were required in order to stiffen the 2017 Corvette Stingray convertible’s hydroformed aluminum frame structure. The fully electronic drop-top can be lowered with the press of a button or remotely by using the key fob – even while driving at speeds of up to 48 km/h (30 mph) – and hides beneath a hard, body-coloured tonneau cover.
The available Twilight Blue, Spice Red and Black Suede Design Packages take Stingray to the next level of customization, design and performance. And with a variety of available accessories, there’s a Stingray for any driver.
Ready for takeoff
The Stingray cockpit features a flowing design made from premium, authentic materials. Intuitive instruments, including an available Head-Up Display that projects data into your line of sight, helps you keep your focus on the road ahead. The standard Grand Touring seat and available Competition Sport seat each feature a lightweight magnesium frame for optimal support.
GT seat available in premium Napa leather seating surfaces with 3LT trim level
The available Competition Sport bucket seats are built for cornering, with pronounced side bolsters
Unique flat-bottom steering wheel enhances the driving experience
Stingray features a light, stiff space frame for optimal 50-50 weight distribution and impressive power-to-weight ratio. With the venerable 6.2L LT1 V8 engine and a choice of 7-speed manual with Active Rev Matching or available 8-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission, the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is a true performance sports car.
Z51 Performance Package
If you want to take Stingray’s already impressive performance to the next level, then select the available Z51 Performance Package which includes:
Larger slotted front brake rotors measuring 345 mm (13.6-in.)
Dry-sump oil system
Z51 performance suspension with specific shock absorbers, spring rates and larger stabilizer bars
Performance exhaust with 4-inch polished stainless tips
19-inch front and 20-inch rear Silver painted aluminum wheels with P245/35ZR19 front and P285/30ZR20 rear summer-only tires4
Performance gear ratios
Electronic limited-slip differential
Auxiliary external transmission oil cooler
Auxiliary external differential oil cooler
Performance Data Recorder
The available Chevrolet Performance Data Recorder logs video of your driving sessions, along with real-time performance data, onto an SD memory card so you can analyze your technique and improve your driving abilities. And when someone else is driving the car, Valet Mode can capture video and data for additional peace of mind.
Light and rigid materials
One-third the weight of steel, the Stingray aluminum space frame is 45 kg (100 lb.) lighter than its previous-gen predecessor. The weight savings make Stingray light and lean, ready to take on any road with precision.
The aluminum space frame and rails enable tailored gauge, shape and strength properties with minimal weight. In fact, the all-aluminum space frame is 57% stiffer than the previous-generation Corvette Stingray.
A Mode for Every Road
With the turn of a dial, everything changes. Five distinct, selectable driver modes electronically calibrate up to 12 performance variables to customize your Stingray for any road.
With built-in OnStar® 4G LTE with Wi-Fi®5 hotspot connectivity, the latest Chevrolet MyLink®6 203 mm (8-in.) diagonal colour touch-screen, easy-to-use driver modes and an available industry-exclusive Performance Data Recorder, this is the most technologically advanced Corvette to date.
Stingray keeps you connected and entertained with a retractable 203 mm (8-in.) diagonal Chevrolet MyLink®6 colour touch-screen display. Using steering wheel controls, hand gesture recognition and voice recognition capabilities, you can talk, text and stream music.7
Premium Bose® audio system
SiriusXM Satellite RadioTM8 with 3-month trial period
Audio input jack and Bluetooth® 3.09 wireless technology for easy streaming
Apple CarPlay™10 compatibility takes some of the iPhone features and puts them on the vehicle’s display in a clean, simple way. This allows you to make calls, send and receive messages and listen to music right from your touch-screen or by voice using Siri.11 Apple CarPlay-supported apps include Phone, Messages, Apple Maps,10 Apple Music10 and compatible third-party apps.
Connect your compatible Android smartphone to the Chevrolet MyLink®6 with 203 mm (8-in.) diagonal display to access select apps, Google Play Music™,12 your calendar, navigate with Google Maps™,12 make phone calls, or send and receive hands-free text messages.
OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi5
The 2017 Stingray features built-in OnStar® 4G LTE with Wi-Fi®5 hotspot capability. The powerful signal gives you and your passengers the ability to connect up to seven smart devices13 to the Internet, giving you the freedom to roam while connected.
The Chevrolet Corvette Stingray employs a host of available safety technologies to help avoid a possible collision, including an available Head-Up Display that projects critical information onto your windshield so you can keep your eyes on the road.
The 2017 Stingray helps to avoid potential danger with features like Active Handling, four-wheel anti-lock brakes and Traction Control. Standard Xenon® high-intensity discharge headlamps emanate 900 lumens of light. And if Stingray ever loses tire pressure, run-flat tires enable safe functioning at a moderate speed until the tire can be repaired.
In the event of a collision, Stingray is designed to help keep you and your passengers safe with seat-mounted head and thorax airbags16 and a rigid aluminum frame structure that is lighter and stiffer than that found in previous-generation Corvette models.
You’re never alone with OnStar® Automatic Crash Response.17 Built-in sensors can automatically alert an OnStar Advisor, who is immediately connected into your vehicle and can request emergency help be sent to your exact GPS location – even if you’re unable to respond. OnStar Guidance Plan5 standard for the first six months.
Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for more important safety information.
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $2,000 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $2,000 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $2,000 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
1. 455 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque with standard exhaust system. 460 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque with Performance Exhaust that is available individually or included in the Z51 Performance Package.
2. Based on GM testing. Requires available 8-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission and Z51 Performance Package.
3. 2017 Corvette Stingray with available 8-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission fuel consumption estimates based on GM preliminary testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
4. Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle's performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, see your dealer for details.
5. Includes data plan trial for 3 months or 3 GB, whichever comes first. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Service plan required. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires WPA2 compatible mobile device and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Service varies by model, service plan, conditions as well as geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi.
6. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit chevrolettotalconnect.ca for more details.
7. Data plan rates apply.
8. Available in 10 Canadian provinces, 3 territories and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-888-539-7474 to cancel. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. See SiriusXM “Terms & Conditions” and complete details at siriusxm.ca.
10. Vehicle user interface is a product of Apple and Apple’s terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply.
11. Requires available Chevrolet MyLink and compatible iPhone running iOS 6 or later.
12. Vehicle user interfaces are products of Google and their terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply.
13. Devices must be WPA2 compliant. Wi-Fi devices manufactured prior to 2006 may not be compatible. Please consult your device manufacturer for information regarding the WPA2 security protocol and Wi-Fi device compatibility. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi. Visit onstar.ca for system details and limitations.
14. Available on select Apple and Android devices. Some features require an OnStar service plan. Features and capability may vary by vehicle, device, OnStar service plan, conditions and geographical and technical restrictions. Device data connection required.
15. Requires active OnStar, compatible device, factory installed remote start and power locks. Data rates apply. Visit onstar.ca for details and system limitations.
16. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more safety information.
17. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles can transmit all crash data.
18. Not compatible with all devices.
19. The OnStar Basic Plan is available for 5 years from the delivery date of the eligible new 2017 model year vehicles to the original owner and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. It includes the monthly Diagnostics Report emails (capabilities vary by model), Dealer Maintenance Notification, access to select vehicle mobile app features and more. This plan does not include emergency, security or navigation services. These and other services require a paid or Add-On Plan. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, coverage maps, details and system limitations. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires WPA2 compatible mobile device and data plan. Data plans are provided by AT&T.
20. At time of posting, detailed map coverage is available for most major urban areas of the United States and for certain metropolitan areas of Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Windsor, London, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and Halifax). Coverage is significantly limited outside these areas.