It's the SUV of pickups. Or the pickup of SUVs. Whichever way you look at it, Avalanche is the two-in-one Chevy truck that combines the attributes of a very capable full-size pickup with that of a well-appointed SUV – all in one Ultimate Utility Vehicle. Its credentials are impeccable: with a dependable 320 horsepower VortecTM V8 engine that features fuel-saving Active Fuel Management® technology, and a pickup box that can extend to more than 8 feet (2,438 mm) in length with the tailgate up, while supporting a substantial 634 kg (1,397 lb) maximum payload capacity. The key to its ability to play dual roles is its innovative MidgateTM. It forms the rear wall of the SUV cabin, and then folds down to extend the pickup box – all in a matter of seconds. Double up – with the 2013 Chevy Avalanche.
- Highly Capable Meets Highly Adaptable
- What makes Avalanche so effective is the fact that its adaptability requires no sacrifice in capability. It's all thanks to the ingenious Convert-A-CabTM system. The centrepiece is the fold-down MidgateTM located at the rear of the cabin. When lowered, it forms the load floor of the extended pickup box. Better still, this transformation requires no tools and can be performed in seconds. So what kind of capabilities accompany Avalanche's impressive versatility? With the MidgateTM down and the tailgate up, the pickup box can carry 4' x 8' sheets of building material. Avalanche capabilities extended even further with payload capacities of up to 634 kg (1,397 lb). And securing your cargo is made easy thanks to features like grab handles and eight cargo tie-downs. A 3-piece rigid composite cover keeps your cargo dry and secure.
- Even The Engine Adapts
- While Avalanche's cabin is defined by its adaptability, the engine compartment contains a few tricks of its own. Power is supplied by the VortecTM 5.3L V8. Its output is 320 horsepower and 335 lb-ft of torque. The engine also adapts to different conditions to help maximize fuel efficiency. Active Fuel Management® shuts down half of the cylinders to conserve fuel when power demands are low. Variable Valve Timing (VVT) optimizes combustion timing to increase both fuel efficiency and low-end torque. Another important way that Avalanche reduces fuel consumption is with the 6-speed automatic transmission that features two overdrive gears and a low 3.08 rear axle ratio.
- Black Diamond – A Fitting Tribute
- It's been 12 years since Avalanche revolutionized the concept of the utility vehicle. Now, as the Avalanche approaches its final year of production, it's time to celebrate its legacy with the exclusive Black Diamond Package. It includes the enhanced convenience of a remote vehicle starter system, the comfort of power-adjustable pedals, the increased awareness provided by a rear vision camera and ultrasonic rear parking assist. The look of the Black Diamond Avalanche is also distinctive, thanks to its body-colour exterior components and fog lights. Black Diamond Avalanche – it makes a memorable statement and the package is standard equipment on every Avalanche model for 2013.
- Adapt To A High Level Of Luxury
- While Avalanche's functionality is clearly a difference-maker, this Chevy also makes your adventure even more rewarding with a series of upscale features. Dual-zone climate controls enable the driver and front passenger to select individual temperature settings. A standard power 6-way driver's seat lets you tailor your comfort for those long drives. Upgrade to the LTZ and the cabin becomes nothing short of luxurious, with heated and cooled power 12-way perforated leather-appointed front bucket seats with a 2-position memory function. More luxurious than you imagined? That's okay, you'll adapt.
- Go Far – But Stay Connected
- Avalanche invites you to create your own adventure. Along the way, you can stay in touch and entertained with a host of technologies. Standard Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity enables you to make, answer and end calls on compatible mobile phones, using standard steering wheel-mounted controls. Another way you're connected is through the standard OnStar® system with six months of the Directions & Connections Plan and Turn-by-Turn Navigation. It also includes the RemoteLinkTM Mobile App that enables you to perform vehicle functions remotely on your iPhone® or select AndroidTM device. As for the entertainment, 130 channels of programming is provided by the standard SiriusXM Satellite RadioTM.** An available Rear Seat Entertainment Package includes a fold-down screen with a remote control and two wireless headphones.
- An Even More Rugged Avalanche – Z71
- Avalanche is engineered for harsh conditions, thanks to its stout frame and formidable VortecTM V8 power. You can make Avalanche that much better prepared for the rigours of off-roading with the available Z71 Off-Road Package. It features a number of beefed up components, including off-road jounce bumpers, gas-charged monotube shock absorbers, a skid plate package, an automatic locking rear differential and specially-tuned springs. The styling is also made more aggressive with features that include 18" aluminum wheels with off-road tires, a chrome grille insert, a unique front fascia and tubular assist side steps. The dirt/mud/gravel/snow-ready Avalanche Z71.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.