What's the right vehicle for your active lifestyle? It has to be large enough to handle your stuff, yet compact enough for easy manoeuvrability and excellent fuel efficiency – and with safety that gives you real peace of mind. This is the combination that has propelled the Equinox up the ranks of compact crossovers. Its fuel efficiency is a revelation for its class, with ratings of 6.1 L/100 km highway and 9.2 L/100 km city.1 Its spacious cabin offers up to 1,803 L (63.7 cu. ft.) of cargo space. And its comprehensive approach to safety is reflected in the fact Equinox was named a 2012 Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.2 The right fit: the 2013 Equinox.
- L/100 Km Vs. 0-60
- Equinox offers two different engines that deliver two distinct brands of performance. You can match your choice to your priorities. The standard 182 hp 2.4L ECOTEC® 4-cylinder engine achieves 6.1 L/100 km highway and 9.2 L/100 km city fuel efficiency ratings.1 That's thanks in part to sophisticated engine management technologies like Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing (VVT). If you want to dial up the performance, opt for the newly available 3.6L V6 that delivers 301 hp and achieves a head-turning 0-96 km/h (0-60 mph) time of just 6.7 seconds when paired with the available All-Wheel Drive system. Make your choice - make your move.
- All-Round Comfort
- There's something for everyone when it comes to comfort inside Equinox. The standard driver's seat features a power lumbar support and vertical height adjustment. You can tailor your comfort to an even higher degree with the available power 8-way driver and front passenger seats. Want to add an upscale feel to the cabin? Choose the available leather-appointed seating with stylish two-tone accents and contrast-colour stitching. Rear-seat passengers will enjoy how the Multi-Flex® rear seat slides back 200 mm (7.9 in.) to offer the most legroom in its class.3 And everyone will enjoy the quiet ride - Active Noise Cancellation on 4-cylinder models make for a very hushed environment.
- It Adapts To Your Program
- Equinox is one versatile vehicle. It provides a substantial cargo capacity for its compact size, with an impressive 889 L (31.4 cu. ft.) of space behind the second row of seats. Slide the 60/40 split-folding Multi-Flex® rear seats forward and fold them down to open up a generous 1,803 L (63.7 cu. ft.) of space. Equinox even makes it easy to gain access to all that space with the available programmable power rear liftgate. You can customize the opening height, making sure it clears a garage ceiling or door. If you want to take the cargo-carrying capacity to an even higher level, add the available roof rack side rails and choose a storage bin from Chevrolet Accessories. The remarkably adaptable Equinox.
- MyLink is Your Link
- You want to remain connected to the people and music you care about while you're on the road. The available Chevrolet MyLinkTM4 interactive audio system connects with your compatible smartphone to stream music and other content. You can choose how to interact with the system, either with the 178 mm (7-in.) diagonal Colour Touch Radio or by using voice commands. MyLinkTM doesn't only give you access to the music from your smartphone, MP3 player or flash drive - it also enables you to initiate hands-free calling, all using convenient Bluetooth® connectivity. MyLinkTM also integrates Stitcher SmartRadioTM 5 apps, so you can stream your personalized radio selections directly from your smartphone. Even the available touch-screen navigation integrates seamlessly with MyLink.TM
- Control What You Can Control
- You can't control the uncertainties of driving on Canadian roads in the wide range of inclement weather we experience in this country every year. Equinox answers with a series of standard driver control technologies, including four-wheel disc brakes with ABS and an advanced Electronic Brake Force Distribution System, Panic Brake Assist, Hill Hold Assist with electronic pedal override, in addition to the StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System with Trailer Sway Control and Traction Control. You can also add the all-season grip of an available intelligent all-wheel drive system that constantly monitors road conditions and driver inputs in order to send the appropriate amount of torque to all wheels.
- Safety Goes High Tech
- Equinox uses advanced technology to enhance your safety. The available Forward Collision Alert uses a windshield-mounted camera and advanced image processing to monitor the proximity to the vehicle in front of you. An icon at the left tells the driver when a vehicle is detected ahead. The centre icon lights up when the vehicle is following too closely and flashes with audible chimes when there is danger of a front-end collision. In addition, there's an available Lane Departure Warning system that reads the lines on the road and visually and audibly alerts you if you have strayed into another lane without signalling. And don't forget that Equinox was named a 2012 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick.2
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
2. For more information, visit iihs.org/ratings.
3. Based on 2012 WardsAuto.com Middle Cross/Utility Vehicle segmentation and latest published competitive information available at time of printing. Excludes other GM vehicles.
4. MyLinkTM functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth® and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
5. Not compatible with all devices