Completely redesigned and re-engineered for 2013, Malibu is everything you need – and everything you want – in a contemporary mid-size sedan. On the one hand, there’s impressive fuel efficiency. A well-equipped, spacious and extremely quiet five-passenger cabin. And a reassuring package of sophisticated safety features, including ten standard airbags. And on the other hand, the new Malibu is as much sheer fun to drive as its Camaro-inspired styling suggests, with willing performance, agile handling and a driver-focused cabin designed to help make every trip a pure pleasure. Put it all together and you’ve got exactly what you’re looking for in a mid-size sedan.
- All new aerodynamic design
- Malibu's all-new styling is aero-optimized to minimize wind resistance and maximize fuel efficiency. Swept-back headlights and aero-design exterior mirrors help to smooth the flow of air around the car. There are even blockers incorporated into the grille to help reduce drag. The result? You can turn a few heads. And take fewer turns at the gas pump.
- Designed for driving
- Take your seat in the driver's cockpit of the all-new Malibu and everything is about keeping you firmly in control. The tilting and telescoping wheel – complete with audio-system controls – works with the power height-adjustable driver's seat to put you in just the right position. And to ensure you're always fully informed, the analogue gauges are supplemented by a multi-function Driver Information Centre.
- The efficiency of eAssist
- Designed for optimal efficiency, Malibu Eco boasts 182 hp, yet it sips fuel at a rate of 8.1 L/100 km city and 5.3 L/100 km highway.* The advanced Eco powertrain features eAssistTM technology, which adds a 115-volt lithium-ion battery and an electric motor generator. It all works together to achieve greater fuel efficiency for you.
- Powerful choices
- Malibu's standard 2.5L ECOTEC® I4 engine puts out 197 hp, while the available 2.0L Turbo engine puts 259 hp at your disposal. Both feature engineering advancements like Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing (VVT), and both deliver an excellent blend of power and efficiency.
- Poised performance
- If you appreciate the solid road feel of a sophisticated sedan, a Malibu demonstration drive is sure to impress you. This all-new mid-size Chevrolet is engineered with world-class chassis technologies, including ZF steering gear, 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, a fully independent suspension and the StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system. You'll enjoy a new kind of confidence in every driving situation.
- Safety, first and foremost
- The new Malibu includes a wide range of features designed to help you avoid collisions, including available systems like a Rear Vision Camera, Lane Departure Warning and Forward Collision Alert that used to be available only on high-priced luxury cars. Malibu is also equipped to protect you if a crash does take place, with features including 10 standard airbags. No wonder it's been named an IIHS Top Safety Pick.†
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
† For more information, visit iihs.org/ratings.
∞ Fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing of the 2013 Malibu in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.