The city landscape has its own rules and its own demands. You know how best to navigate them. And now there's a new city-sized SUV that serves as the perfect partner for your city adventures: the all-new 2013 Chevrolet Trax. Its bold design stands out in a crowd. Its wide stance and enhanced traction technologies – including available All-Wheel Drive (AWD) – give it the capability of handling the uncertainties of everyday city life. A standard turbocharged ECOTEC® 1.4L engine makes the streets come alive, yet also delivers excellent fuel efficiency. As for information, communication and entertainment technology, there's standard Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and the available Chevrolet MyLinkTM1 interactive sound system. And it's easy to keep your stuff close at hand, thanks to a series of handy storage compartments. And with 10 standard airbags2, your city explorations also include peace of mind. Take on the city on your own terms with the all-new 2013 Trax.
- Right Size. Right Look. Right Feel.
- Trax is the smart SUV that's small and nimble enough to navigate the city landscape, yet large enough to seat up to five in comfort – with their stuff. The confident handling is the product of a wide stance and a series of driver control technologies that include standard StabiliTrak®, four-wheel ABS with Panic Brake Assist and Hill Hold Assist, plus traction control and an available on-demand All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system. You can handle it all – in the all-new Trax.
- You've Got Stuff. It's Got Space.
- Your stuff comes in all shapes and sizes, from wallets to bikes. Trax is designed with this fact in mind. Also, you can keep the essentials close at hand in the conveniently located storage areas within easy reach of the driver, including a storage box located in the middle of the instrument panel. When it comes time to move serious cargo, you'll find it easy to reconfigure the interior, thanks to the 60/40 flip-and-fold rear seat and fold-flat front passenger seat. With the rear seat folded down, Trax opens up a generous 1,371 L (48.4 cu. ft.) of maximum cargo space. You make plans – Trax makes the space.
- Be Your Own DJ
- If you think of music as an essential part of driving, you'll find Trax has all your favourite tracks. All LT and LTZ models feature a standard CD player, MP3 playback and Bluetooth® audio streaming. Choose the available Chevrolet MyLinkTM1 interactive sound system and you can access your music and apps – such as Stitcher SmartRadioTM – directly from your smartphone. A 178 mm (7-in.) Colour Touch Radio screen acts as the hub, although you can also use steering-wheel-mounted controls to make selections. For the ultimate Trax listening experience, choose the available Premium Bose® six-speaker sound system that includes an amplifier. City driving amplified – with Trax.
- Make That A Turbocharged Adventure
- Your city awaits. With a standard 1.4L turbocharged ECOTEC® engine, Trax gets you around and about the streets with full authority. Its output is a spirited 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque. So what's the advantage of turbocharging? It directs substantially more air into each cylinder, enabling it to optimize each combustion cycle, while an intercooler cools the charged air entering the engine, allowing for more complete combustion and greater power output. Yet unlike many other turbocharged engines, the ECOTEC® runs on regular fuel. Turbocharging not only increases output, it also makes Trax remarkably fuel efficient, with 7.8 L/100 km city and 5.7 L/100 km highway ratings.3
- 10 – It’s More Than A Number
- The city landscape has its own share of hazards. So you should take comfort in the knowledge that Trax includes 10 standard airbags – the most in it’s class4. Count ‘em: dual stage front airbags, knee airbags, and side-impact seat-mounted airbags for the driver and front passenger, plus side-impact seat-mounted outboard rear seat airbags and head curtain side airbags for outboard seating positions. Add the peace of mind that accompanies the standard OnStar®5 system that includes six months of the Directions & Connections Plan with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and RemoteLinkTM. Also included is Automatic Crash Response that can automatically contact an OnStar® Advisor when a collision occurs to help direct emergency service providers to your exact location. That’s just one more way that Trax has your back.
- Think Of It As All-Street Drive
- Maximizing grip can be just as important in city driving as it is off-road. Trax is engineered with that reality in mind with standard traction control and an available on-demand All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system that automatically adapts to changing road conditions, improving traction by sending power to the wheels with the most grip. The system reverts to front-wheel drive mode, improving fuel efficiency when the added traction isn’t required. That helps Trax earn its place as one of the most fuel efficient AWD vehicles on the road.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
2 Always use safety belts and the correct restraint for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with the Passenger Detecting System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with a passenger airbag. See the Owner's Manual and the child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
3 Trax FWD, equipped with 6-speed manual transmission. Fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
4 Based on 2012 Polk Compact SUV segmentation and latest competitive information available at time of printing. Always use safety belts and the correct restraint for your child's age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with the Passenger Detecting System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with a passenger airbag. See the Owner's Manual and the child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
5 Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and systems limitations. Services vary by model and conditions. OnStar® acts as a link to existing emergency service providers.
∞ Fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing of the 2013 Trax in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.