You don’t build a legacy as a dependable, long-lasting full-size pickup by chance. You do it with strength, capability and advanced technology that stand the test of time. And the test of kilometres. In fact, Silverado 1500 was named the “Highest Ranked Large Light Duty Pickup in Initial Quality” by J.D. Power in 2016.6
TWO PICKUP BEDS. ONE CLEAR WINNER.
Howie Long tests the Silverado pickup bed against its Ford counterpart and finds out it’s really no competition at all. The aluminum bed of the Ford F-150 is more susceptible to puncture than the roll-formed, high-strength steel bed of the Silverado.
GO AHEAD. JUDGE THIS BOOK BY ITS COVER.
A muscular front-end design with bold horizontal elements and a sculpted hood creates a wide, aggressive stance. Each model is unmistakable, projecting the strength and capability that can only belong to Silverado.
POWERFUL PERSONALITIES RUN IN THE FAMILY
Every Chevrolet Silverado has a striking appearance. And while the family resemblance isn’t hard to spot, each carries distinct traits that help them stand out from one another and every other truck on the road.
QUIET AND COMFORTABLE CABIN
Triple-seal inlaid doors, an aerodynamic windshield and a tuned exhaust system reduce noise in the cabin, while dual-density foam seats offer long-lasting comfort.
CONTROLS WHERE YOU NEED THEM
Steering wheel controls let you answer phone calls, control the available Chevrolet MyLink®7 display, change Driver Information Centre settings, available cruise control and other features.
POWER ON THE GO
USB ports8 and an available 110V AC power outlet give plenty of options for keeping your compatible devices charged up and ready to go, no matter where the day takes you.
SMALL BLOCKS. BIG PERFORMANCE
Our legendary lineup of EcoTec3 engines uses three proven fuel-saving technologies — Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection and Continuously Variable Valve Timing — for impressive fuel efficiency with robust power output. For the perfect balance between power and acceleration, an 8-speed transmission is standard on High Country and Crew Cab LTZ Z71 models and available on LTZ models with either the 6.2L V8 engine9 or Max Trailering Package.10
SILVERADO WON’T BE OUTWORKED
Take a look at how our dependable small block engines deliver powerful efficiency for performance that never takes a day off.
THE RIGHT TOOL FOR ANY JOB
It’s said that with the right equipment, you can complete any task. The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers the trailering features, pickup box and high-strength steel that ensure your toolbox is always full.
TOW WITH CONFIDENCE
Available Max Trailering Package offers up to 5670 kg (12,500 lb.) of class-leading towing capability1,2
Available Integrated Electric Trailer Brake Controller
StabiliTrak® with Trailer Sway Control
Hill Start Assist
Auto Grade Braking
Available Rear Vision Camera
4-wheel Disc Brakes with Duralife™ Rotors
A STRONG BOX TO CARRY THE LOAD
Roll-formed steel pickup box floor that’s stronger, lighter and more durable than a traditional stamped steel bed
Up to 1021 kg (2250 lb.) of available maximum payload4 capacity
5'8", 6'6" and 8' box lengths
4 standard lower tie-downs
EZ-Lift & Lower tailgate on LT and above
CornerStep rear bumper and pocket hand grips
Under-the-rail LED cargo box lamps available
The aluminum bed of the Ford F-150 is more susceptible to puncture than the roll-formed, high-strength steel bed of the Silverado
Hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame
Nine cross members are through-frame welded for lateral support
Shear-style and hydraulic body mounts enhance comfort while hauling, towing and tackling rugged terrain
Z71 OFF-ROAD PACKAGE
The legendary Z71 Off-Road Package provides real capability with all-terrain tires, an off-road tuned suspension with Rancho® mono-tube shocks, skid plates, Hill Descent Control and an Eaton® automatic locking rear differential that no competitor offers. Available in Double Cab and Crew Cab LT Z71 and LTZ Z71 models along with a host of additional unique interior and exterior appearance features.
TECH THAT CONNECTS
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is as smart as it is strong, offering state-of-the-art available technologies to keep you connected like OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi®,5 wireless charging11 and Chevrolet MyLink®7 with a 178mm (7-in.) or 203 mm (8-in.) diagonal colour touch-screen display.
Whether you’re streaming music12 or using Bluetooth®13 to make hands-free calls, find directions, or access your playlists, the available Chevrolet MyLink®7 will help keep you connected and entertained on the road.
Silverado is the first full-size pickup to offer wireless charging11 so you can charge your compatible smartphone without a cord using the charging pad built into the centre armrest. This convenient feature is included when front bucket seats are specified.
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the first full-size pickup to offer OnStar® 4G LTE with available Wi-Fi®5 hotspot connectivity and provides a reliable signal connection for up to seven devices.14
TECHNOLOGY THAT’S ONE STEP AHEAD
Silverado High Country, LTZ and LTZ Z71 Crew Cabs offer available power articulating running boards that extend out and rearwards to provide easy access to the front of the cargo box and its contents — something no competitor can match. If you need to access the bed of the truck, just tap the end of the running board with your foot, and it will move toward the front of the cargo bed.
BRIGHTER LED LIGHTING
Silverado LTZ, LTZ Z71 and High Country feature a full LED lighting package, including LED headlamps, daytime running lamps, fog lamps, park/turn signal lamps and tail lamps. Silverado, Silverado LS, Custom, and LT and LT Z71 feature high-intensity discharge projector-beam headlamps and LED daytime running lamps (LED fog lamps optional on LT and standard on LT Z71).
MYCHEVROLET MOBILE APP15
Turn your compatible mobile device into a command centre for your vehicle. With an active OnStar service plan, you can start/stop15 your engine and lock/unlock15 your doors with the tap of a finger. You can even send destinations to your available navigation system, view diagnostic information and set parking reminders from virtually anywhere. It’s a simpler and smarter way to stay connected to your compatible15 Chevrolet vehicle.5
The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offers a number of available advanced safety features like Low-Speed Forward Automatic Braking to help prevent a potential collision. In the event of an impact, a safety cage made of high-strength steel surrounds the occupants, while available OnStar® Automatic Crash Response16 can alert an OnStar Advisor to dispatch emergency assistance on your behalf.
The available Enhanced Driver Alert Package includes:
Low-Speed Forward Automatic Braking
Lane Keep Assist
Forward Collision Alert
Safety Alert Driver Seat
Front and Rear Park Assist
IntelliBeam® high beam assist
6 standard airbags17
High-strength steel safety cage
OnStar® Automatic Crash Response16 standard for the first six months if equipped with the available OnStar® Basic Plan18
Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information.
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,700 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,700 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,700 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
1. Requires Double Cab LTZ 2WD or Crew Cab Short Box LTZ 2WD with available 6.2L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
2. Based on WardsAuto.com 2016 Large Pickup segment and latest competitive information available at time of printing. Excludes other GM models.
3. 2017 Silverado 1500 2WD equipped with available 5.3L V8 engine and 6-speed automatic transmission. Fuel consumption estimates based on GM preliminary testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
4. Requires 1500 Double Cab 2WD with available 5.3L V8 engine and Max Trailering Package. These maximum payload ratings are intended for comparison purposes only. Before you buy a vehicle or use it to haul people or cargo, carefully review the Vehicle Loading section of the Owner’s Manual and check the carrying capacity of your specific vehicle on the label on the inside of the driver door jamb.
5. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Service varies by model, conditions, as well as geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets.
6. The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among large light duty pickups in the proprietary J.D. Power 2016 Initial Quality Study.SM Study based on responses from 84,367 new-vehicle owners, measuring 244 models and measures opinions after 90 days of ownership. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed in February-May 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
7. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit chevrolettotalconnect.ca for more details.
8. Not compatible with all devices.
9. LTZ Double Cab and LTZ Crew Cab models.
10. LTZ Crew Cab model with standard 5.3L V8 engine.
11. The system wirelessly charges one PMA 1.0, WPG 1.0 and WPC 1.1 (Qi) compatible mobile device. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see www.chevrolettotalconnect.ca.
14. Devices must be WPA2 compliant. Wi-Fi devices manufactured prior to 2006 may not be compatible. Please consult your device manufacturer for information regarding the WPA2 security protocol and Wi-Fi device compatibility. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi. Visit onstar.ca for system details and limitations.
15. Requires data plan, compatible vehicle and compatible device. Some features require factory-installed remote start, power locks, Tire Pressure Monitoring System or active OnStar service. Please visit onstar.ca/mobile for vehicle availability, system limitations and further details.
16. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles can transmit all crash data.
17. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more safety information.
18. The OnStar Basic Plan is available for 5 years from the delivery date of the eligible new 2017 model year vehicle to the original owner and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. It includes the monthly Diagnostics Report emails (capabilities vary by model), Dealer Maintenance Notification, access to select vehicle mobile app features and more. This plan does not include emergency, security or navigation services. These and other services require a paid or Add-On Plan. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, coverage maps, details and system limitations. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T.
19. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Services vary by model, conditions and geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Customers will be able to access OnStar services only if they accept the OnStar User Terms, Privacy Statement and Software Terms. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data. After the trial period (if applicable), an active OnStar service plan is required.
20. Available in 10 Canadian provinces and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-877-209-0079 to cancel. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. See SiriusXM “Terms & Conditions” and complete details at siriusxm.ca.
21. At time of posting, detailed map coverage is available for most major urban areas of the United States and for certain metropolitan areas of Canada (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Windsor, London, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and Halifax). Coverage is significantly limited outside these areas.