High-Strength Dependability That’s in for The Long Haul
The 2017 Silverado 2500HD takes your work as seriously as you do. With the new available Duramax® Turbo-Diesel that generates 910 lb.-ft. of torque, giving you the confidence to tow and haul big loads with ease.
Nearly everything about the available Duramax 6.6L V8 Turbo-Diesel engine is all new, resulting in 910 lb.-ft. of torque, class-leading 445 horsepower6 and all the towing confidence and capabilty that Silverado HD is known for. We also redesigned the hood on Silverado HD diesel models with a functional ram-air intake system that allows more air to reach the engine for improved power output and cooling.
Silverado Special Editions
Silverado HD Special Editions are made for those who crave a truck that stands out. Take a look to find the truck that has what it takes.
EVERYTHING’S BETTER AFTER DARK
Take on the night in the Silverado 2500HD Midnight Edition. With the Z71 Off-Road Package, these dependable trucks perform as aggressively as they look. Bold Black accents command attention, and features like off-road Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac® on-/off-road tires let you make your own rules.
18" black-painted aluminum wheels
Black 4-inch round assist steps
Black Chevy bowtie emblems
Black bumpers and grille
Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac® on-/off-road tires
Bigger, bolder Z71 badging
Standard spray-on bedliner
Available on 2500HD LT and LTZ models with Crew Cab 4x4
THE ROAD IS YOURS
This is sophistication — on the road or off. Silverado Custom Sport Edition is class all the way, whether you choose Black or Summit White. Chrome accents and body-color grille and bumpers add a distinctive touch to this premium special edition.
Custom Sport HD
20" polished-aluminum wheels on 2500HD
Body-colour grille and bumpers
Chrome door handles and mirror caps
Chrome bodyside mouldings
Front and Rear Park Assist
Available on 2500HD Crew Cab LT and LTZ models21
The Source of All Power.
The Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD offers two heavy-duty truck engines: the standard gasoline-powered VortecTM 6.0L V8 and the available Duramax® 6.6L V8 Turbo-Diesel that generates 910 lb.-ft. of torque. Both work in tandem with our advanced trailering technologies to deliver exceptional control and capability.
The standard VortecTM 6.0L V8 builds power at low rpm for a flatter torque curve. It reaches peak 360 horsepower at only 5400 rpm and peak torque of 380 lb.-ft. at 4200 rpm.
Available Digital Steering Assist7 power steering helps make hauling and trailering easier with electronic controls that enhance road holding and stability on the highway.
Fully boxed frame rails made of high-strength steel and nine cross members for lateral support help Silverado 2500HD achieve a maximum payload rating of 3,534 lb. (1,603 kg).3
New Available Duramax Turbo-Diesel
There are more than 1 million Duramax® Diesel engines with Allison® transmissions on the road today with over 160 billion kilometres of experience. Now we’ve taken that proven power and perfected it, creating this available engine that churns out an earthshaking 910 lb.-ft. of torque, a class-leading 445 horsepower,6 plus all the confidence you’ll need when towing.
Stronger Than Ever
To create a 19% increase in max torque, we rethought nearly everything on the available Duramax Diesel. The cylinder heads are stronger and stiffer, and our taller engine block allows for a more robust piston design. The crankshaft has larger connecting rod journals, and an active drain crankcase oil separator allows for better operation when you’re pulling big loads.
Segment-Exclusive Induction System
The patented induction system in the Duramax Diesel uses two air inlets — through the new hood scoop and near the fender — to satisfy the intake needs of this powerful engine, improve performance and help ensure water and debris intake is a non-issue, even in extreme conditions.
Exhaust and Acoustic Enhancements
The added horsepower and torque of the Duramax Diesel are benefits you can feel. But we didn’t stop there. This engine also boasts reduced noise and vibration with acoustic rocker covers, isolated injectors, a full-length acoustic lower oil pan and an all-new fuel system.
HEAVY-DUTY LOADS NEED THIS HEAVY-DUTY TRUCK
In addition to big-time towing capability, Silverado HD has several built-in features, including the available Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package, designed to help provide confidence, stability, safety and control.
2500HD tows up to:
14,800 lb. (6,713 kg)8 with standard VortecTM 6.0L V8
18,100 lb. (8,210 kg)2 with available Duramax® 6.6L V8 Turbo-Diesel
CONTROL. COMMAND. CONFIDENCE.
Keep Your Trailer In Line
Trailer Sway Control detects when your trailer is swaying and applies the truck’s brakes, as well as the trailer’s brakes using the available Trailer Brake Controller, to help bring it back in line.
The Diesel Exhaust Brake System, which is included with the available Duramax Diesel engine, helps reduce the amount of conventional braking needed while towing or travelling downhill, which can help slow wear and tear on your brakes.
Fifth-Wheel Trailer Hitch
Available as dealer-installed Chevrolet Accessories, our durable fifth-wheel hitches feature an easy drop-in design. Combine them with an available factory-installed Fifth-Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package and you have everything you need to tow big trailers with confidence.
Broad Shoulders Carry the Load.
You need to use the right material for the job. The 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD work truck features a roll-formed steel cargo box that’s lighter, stronger and more durable than traditional stamped-steel boxes, so you can secure loads with confidence.
The available factory-installed spray-on bedliner adds a permanently bonded layer to your cargo box. Thick, water-sealed and finished with the Chevy bowtie, it’s an effective way to help prevent damage to the backbone of your truck.
Cargo Tie-Downs and Bed Lamps
Secure cargo your way with available upper and lower tie-down hooks rated to secure up to 250 lb. (113 kg)9 each. Reconfiguring your setup in the dark? Standard cab-mounted cargo box lamps and available LED bed lighting help enhances visibility.
CornerStep Rear Bumper
Sometimes a step makes all the difference. Prop yourself up with the CornerStep rear bumper, an ingenious feature no competitor offers.
This is the place where comfort meets capability. Seats are designed for an all-day drive, and the quiet cabin is ideal for making a phone call or planning your next job. Smart features like upper and lower glove boxes mean there’s always room for your gear.
Quiet, Comfortable Interior
The Silverado 2500HD is quiet, thanks in part to sound-deadening materials and inlaid, triple-sealed doors, while dual firmness foam seats provide added comfort and support.
Controls Within Reach
Centrally located controls put important functions at your fingertips, while large knobs and buttons are conveniently designed to accommodate gloved hands.
Forward-Hinged Rear Doors
Forward-hinged rear doors make getting in and out of Silverado HD Double Cab models easier.
The Exclusive High Country
Powerful meets premium with the 2017 Silverado HD High Country. It includes:
Unique 20-in. chrome-plated wheels, a new for 2017 Jet Black or exclusive Saddle premium leather-trimmed interior, and a Bose® premium audio system
Available OnStar® 4G LTE with Wi-Fi® connectivity4
Silverado HD is as smart as it is strong, offering technology to keep you connected like available Chevrolet MyLink®10 with a 7-inch or 8-inch diagonal colour touch-screen display, wireless charging station11 and available OnStar® 4G LTE with Wi-Fi® connectivity.4
Available Chevrolet MyLink®10 keeps you connected through an available 8-inch diagonal colour touch-screen, and syncs with your smartphone so you can initiate voice-activated calls and other commands. And you can plug in mobile devices with multiple USB ports12 and power outlets.
Customizable Driver Display
Choose the vehicle information you want to see — and how you want to see it — with the available 4.2-inch diagonal colour Driver Information Centre (DIC).
Perfect for small business owners looking to ensure their workers are good company representatives, Teen Driver technology encourages safe driving habits in a number of ways, like giving audible and visual warnings when the vehicle is travelling over the predetermined speed.
The First Truck to Offer Wi-Fi
Play music, transfer files, stream video and more right from your truck with available OnStar® 4G LTE with WiFi connectivity.4 Enjoy great signal quality and connect up to seven devices.4
Turn your compatible mobile device14 into a command centre for your vehicle. Start/stop15 your engine and lock/unlock your doors with the tap of a finger, where equipped. You can even send destinations to your available navigation system, view diagnostic information and set parking reminders from virtually anywhere. It’s a simpler and smarter way to stay connected to your compatible Chevrolet vehicle.16
The Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD offers available active safety technologies – including Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning and the Safety Alert Driver Seat – that can help prevent collisions before they happen.
Available Forward Collision Alerrt
Available Lane Departure Warning
Available Safety Alert Driver Seat
Available Rear vision camera
Available Front and Rear Park Assist
ABS brakes with Duralife rotors
StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control
System with traction control
OnStar Automatic Crash Response18 standard for three months with the available OnStar Guidance Plan,4 if properly equipped
Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the vehicle Owner’s Manual for important feature limitations and information.
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,700 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,700 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,700 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
1. 910 lb.-ft. @1600 rpm with available Duramax 6.6L V8 Turbo-Diesel.
2. Rating is for Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab 2WD with fifth-wheel hitch and available Duramax 6.6L V8 Turbo-Diesel engine. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner's Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
3. Rating is for Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab 2WD with Vortec 6.0L V8 engine. Maximum payload ratings are intended for comparison purposes only. Before you buy a vehicle or use it to haul people or cargo, carefully review the Vehicle Loading section of the Owner’s Manual and check the carrying capacity of your specific vehicle on the label on the inside of the driver door jamb.
4. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Service plan required. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires WPA2 compatible mobile device and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T. Services vary by model, service plan, conditions as well as geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi.
6. Based on WardsAuto.com 2016 Large Pickup segment and latest competitive information available at time of printing. Excludes other GM vehicles.
7. Standard on Crew Cab models. Available on Double Cab models with available diesel engine.
8. Requires Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab 2WD with fifth-wheel hitch and Vortec 6.0L V8 engine. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner's Manual. The weight of passengers, cargo and options or accessories may reduce the amount you can tow.
9. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
10. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit chevrolettotalconnect.ca for more details.
11. The system wirelessly charges one PMA 1.0, WPG 1.0 and WPC 1.1 (Qi) compatible mobile device. To check for phone or other device compatibility, see www.chevrolettotalconnect.ca.
12. Not compatible with all devices.
13. Available on select Apple and Android devices. Some features may require a paid OnStar service plan. Features and capability may vary by vehicle, device, conditions as well as geographical and technical restrictions. Device data connection required.
16. Requires data plan, compatible vehicle and compatible device. Some features require factory-installed remote start, power locks, Tire Pressure Monitoring System or active OnStar service. Please visit onstar.ca/mobile for vehicle availability, system limitations and further details.
17. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more safety information.
18. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles can transmit all crash data.
19. The OnStar Basic Plan is available for 5 years from the delivery date of the eligible new 2017 model year vehicles to the original owner and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. It includes the monthly Diagnostics Report emails (capabilities vary by model), Dealer Maintenance Notification, access to select vehicle mobile app features and more. This plan does not include emergency, security or navigation services. These and other services require a paid or Add-On Plan. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, coverage maps, details and system limitations. Available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot requires WPA2 compatible mobile device and data plan. Data plans are provided by AT&T.
20. Available in 10 Canadian provinces, 3 territories and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-888-539-7474 to cancel. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. See SiriusXM “Terms & Conditions” and complete details at siriusxm.ca.
21. LT trim also includes fog lamps, chrome bodyside mouldings and chrome door handles.