The Spark EV features an innovative electric propulsion system drive unit paired with a lithium-ion battery. Without the traditional transmission, torque goes directly to the tires
on the road. That’s how Spark EV achieves 0 to 96 kph in 7.2 seconds.5 And with 327 lb.-ft. of torque, this electric vehicle is best-in-class.6
It’s easy to keep an eye on battery charge and how energy is being used and created. The Chevrolet Spark EV gives you instant digital feedback through a 178 mm (7-in.) diagonal LCD screen in the Driver Information Centre so you can get the most out of every kilowatt.
The power of efficiency
You can help enhance this electric ride’s efficiency and have fun doing it. One of the greatest factors in getting the most out of each charge is driving style, so simply keep
the green ball in the centre of the Efficiency Gauge and enjoy optimal battery efficiency
in your electric vehicle.
Get charged up
When it comes to charging, you’ve got options. The standard 120V cord plugs into any household outlet, or for a faster charge, available 240V chargers can fully power up the battery in about seven hours.7 And Spark EV vehicles equipped with the available DC Fast Charging option can visit a Fast Charging station and charge the battery to 80% in about 20 minutes.
The kilometres you’ll go
No matter how you charge the Spark EV, you will feel the savings. With an average of 1.8 Le/100 km city8,4 and 2.2 Le/100 km highway,8,4 and a range of up to 131 km4 per charge, Spark EV brings you savings for the long haul.
Harness the energy
The Spark EV features regenerative braking, which captures energy that would
otherwise be lost while braking, decelerating or going downhill. It also offers liquid
thermal conditioning, which helps maximize its performance in extreme weather
conditions. This provides the best performance from the battery and helps ensure
its longevity. And the battery is backed by an 8-year/160,000-kilometre limited warranty.9
Technology to go
The 2016 Spark EV helps you stay entertained on the go. This electrifying ride is packed with technology that helps you connect to your music, your friends and everything else in your life.
Standard OnStar 4G LTE with available Wi-Fi®2 means the days of chasing down a Wi-Fi connection are over. When your vehicle is on, available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi is automatically on too.
Gain access to your favourite music and other media with the touch of a fingertip
Keep track of how energy is being used
Access information on battery state of charge
See where power is flowing to and from the wheels
Connect through Bluetooth®11 wireless technology and the USB port12
Compose, send and receive texts hands-free with Siri Eyes Free13
OnStar® Guidance Plan standard for the first six months (trial excludes Hands-Free Calling minutes)14
Connect with an OnStar Advisor who can offer voice-guided turn-by-turn directions
Dedicated collaboration between designers and engineers resulted in this city car with a fiercely dramatic design. It’s sleek and seamless from grille to rear spoiler. So no matter where you go, you’re sure to turn a few heads along the way.
Styled for distance
The interior balances a flowing, spacious design with a get-up-and-go spirit. Features like bright Electric Blue accents, chrome and available leatherette mix with a sporty cockpit vibe complete with a motorcycle-inspired instrument cluster.
Quiet inside and out
Because it’s electric, the Chevrolet Spark is surprisingly quiet on the outside, but due to interior refinements along with sealing and insulation, it’s uniquely quiet on the inside too.
Room to spare
With 2,444 L (86.3 cu. ft.) of passenger space, the 2016 Spark EV has more passenger interior volume than the Fiat 500e, smart electric drive, and the Mitsubishi i-MiEV. Seat four comfortably or cart your stuff around town. Fold down the rear seat and have a full 662 L (23.4 cu.ft.)15 of storage space.
The Spark EV offers a host of advanced safety features to help keep you safe every time you drive. Now you can set out on the road with confidence and feel protected wherever you go.
StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System helps you stay in control
Hill Start Assist helps with steep inclines
10 standard airbags16
High-strength steel safety cage
OnStar Guidance Plan standard for the first six months (includes Automatic Crash Response)14
Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the Spark Owner’s Manual for more important safety information.
Peace of Mind - Standard
Chevrolet Complete Care, our comprehensive owner benefit program, goes above and beyond to ensure you're satisfied with your 2016 Spark EV - a 3-year / 60,000 km New Vehicle Limited Warranty,23 a 5-year / 160,000 km Powertrain Component Limited Warranty,23 5-years / 160,000 kilometres of Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation23 and more, you can be confident you're getting the most from your investment. Find out how Chevrolet Complete Care offers greater peace of mind.
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,600 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,600 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,600 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
2. Devices must be WPA2 compliant. Wi-Fi devices manufactured prior to 2006 may not be compatible. Please consult your device manufacturer for information regarding the WPA2 security protocol and Wi-Fi device compatibility. Vehicle must be started or in accessory mode to access Wi-Fi. Visit onstar.ca for system details and limitations.
3. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit chevrolettotalconnect.ca for more details.
4. 2016 Spark EV energy consumption and range ratings based on GM testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Full charge required. Actual consumption, driving range and energy cost will vary based on temperature, driving conditions, and how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
5. Based on GM testing and initial vehicle movement.
6. Based on current competitive information at time of posting.
7. Using the portable charge cord will take approximately 20 hours at the 12-amp setting.
8. Le=Litres equivalent.
9. Whichever comes first. See dealer for limited warranty details.
10. Requires RemoteLink Mobile App (available on select Apple, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices); separate terms and conditions apply. Includes remote start (factory-installed and enabled remote system start required), lock/unlock (automatic locks required) and horn & lights. Does not include any Emergency Services or other OnStar services. To cancel Limited RemoteLink Mobile App Services or if your vehicle is sold, you must contact OnStar at 1.888.4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827). See onstar.ca for full details.
13. Requires Chevrolet MyLink and compatible iPhone running iOS 6 or later.
14. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Services vary by model, conditions and geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select models and in select markets. Customers will be able to access OnStar services only if they accept the OnStar User Terms and Privacy Statement and Software Terms. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data. After the trial period (if applicable), an active OnStar service plan is required.
15. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
16. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more safety information.
17. Whichever comes first.
18. The Spark EV battery warranty covers battery components in addition to the thermal management system, charging system and electric drive components. See dealer for details.
19. The OnStar Basic Plan is available for 5 years from the date of delivery of the eligible new 2016 Model Year vehicle and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. The Basic Plan includes access to: (1) monthly OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics emails (capabilities vary by model); (2) Dealer Maintenance Notification; and (3) limited OnStar RemoteLink Mobile App services which include remote start (requires factory-installed and enabled remote start system), remote lock/unlock doors (requires automatic locks) and remote horn & lights activation. The OnStar RemoteLink Mobile App is available on select Apple, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices. Visit onstar.ca for vehicle availability, coverage maps, details and system limitations. The OnStar Basic Plan does not include any Emergency Services, Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, live Advisor service or Hands-Free Calling. These and other services are available under a paid plan. If you sell your vehicle or wish to cancel use of Basic Plan services, you must contact OnStar at 1.888.4ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827).
20. Available in 10 Canadian provinces and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. If you decide to continue your service at the end of your trial subscription, the plan you choose will automatically renew and bill at then-current rates until you call 1-877-209-0079 to cancel. Other fees and taxes will apply. All fees and programming subject to change. See SiriusXM “Terms & Conditions” and complete details at siriusxm.ca.
21. Enables vehicle to be charged using third-party SAE Combo DC Fast Charge stations.
22. Do not use summer-only tires in winter conditions, as it would adversely affect vehicle safety, performance and durability. Use only GM-approved tire and wheel combinations. Unapproved combinations may change the vehicle’s performance characteristics. For important tire and wheel information, see your dealer for details.
23. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for limited warranty details.