The 2016 Trax isn’t just any small SUV. It’s a “city-smart SUV.” With its compact size, agile handling, spirited performance, and street-smart features and technologies, the Chevrolet Trax lets you explore the city and discover all its hidden gems. Are you ready for adventure?
Tech that connects
The Trax offers technologies designed to simplify your
life. Make hands-free phone calls and stream your music
with Chevrolet MyLink,4 or send texts and check your
calendar using Siri Eyes Free5. And wherever your
adventures take you, you’ll always be connected with
OnStar 4G LTE with available Wi-Fi2 hotspot capability.
Designed for the city
Major curb appeal.
Its right-sized physique provides the elevated visibility of a small SUV with the parking ease of a compact car. Athletic design cues reflect its agile performance while the eye-catching wheel flares, swept-back headlamps, signature Chevrolet dual-port grille and bowtie badge round out the look. It takes street style to a whole new level.
Ready for anything
With a variety of seating configurations to fit passengers and cargo, the 2016 Trax is the small SUV that’s big on versatility. 60/40 split flip-and-fold rear seats give you the flexibility to carry a bike, paddleboard, vintage dresser or whatever life brings. And a fold-flat front-passenger seat allows you to carry items up to eight feet long.
Space for whatever fuels your passion
A responsive and efficient 1.4L turbocharged ECOTEC® engine provides the 2016 Chevrolet Trax with agile performance perfect for exploring urban landscapes. And when you need it, an available all-wheel drive (AWD) system is there to provide extra traction to help conquer Canadian winters.
6.9 L/100 KM HIGHWAY
The Trax offers an Impressive highway fuel consumption rating of 6.9 L/100 km with manual transmission and 7.0 L/100 km with available automatic transmission7
Standard Variable Valve Timing helps to improve fuel economy
1.4L Turbocharged Engine
138 horsepower offers power when you need it
148 lb.-ft. of torque provides responsive performance
All-Wheel Drive (AWD) Available
Provides extra traction in challenging driving conditions like rain and snow
Automatically shifts into FWD to maximize efficiency when not needed
The 2016 Trax offers advanced safety features to help prevent and protect you from a potential collision, and available OnStar8 technology to respond in the event of one. In fact, the Trax received the National Highway Traffic Administration’s (NHTSA’s) highest possible Overall Vehicle Score for safety. The comprehensive NHTSA New Car Assessment Program puts vehicles through frontal, side-impact and side pole crash tests, as well as rollover evaluations. The result: a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score for the 2016 Trax.3
StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control
Electronic traction control
Available Rear Park Assist
Available rear vision camera
10 standard airbags8
High-strength steel safety cage
OnStar with Automatic Crash Response standard for six months9
OnStar Advisor can send help if you don’t respond
Safety Starts With You
Safety features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Read the Trax Owner’s Manual for more important safety information.
We’re with you all the way
Chevrolet Complete Care, our owner benefits program, goes above and beyond to ensure you're satisfied with your 2016 Trax. Backed by 2 years/48,000 km of complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter maintenance service,11 a 3-year/60,000 km New Vehicle Limited Warranty,5 5 years/160,000 km of Roadside Assistance, Courtesy Transportation,5 you can be confident you're getting the most out of your investment. Find out how Chevrolet Complete Care offers greater peace of mind.
^Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction. Includes GM Card Application Bonus on select vehicles (details).
†Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, does not include $1,700 freight but does include $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims. On the Compare Vehicles and Locate a Vehicle shopping tools, Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price includes $1,700 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. Licence, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
±Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, includes $1,700 freight and $100 air conditioning tax if applicable. License, insurance, registration, fees associated with filing at movable property registry/PPSA, administration fees, duties and taxes extra. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See dealer for details. U.S. model shown. Image may not show the configurable options selected or available on the vehicle. Some colour options are available at extra cost and may only be available on select trims.
1. With rear seats folded. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
2. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations. Services vary by model, conditions and geographical and technical restrictions. OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity is available on select vehicle models and in select markets. Customers will be able to access OnStar services only if they accept the OnStar User Terms and Privacy Statement and Software Terms. After the trial period (if applicable), an active OnStar service plan is required.
3. U.S. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program (www.SaferCar.gov).
4. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices. Visit chevrolettotalconnect.ca for more details.
5. Requires available Chevrolet MyLink and compatible iPhone running iOS 6 or later.
6. Access is available for 5 years from the eligible new vehicle delivery date and is transferable to subsequent owners for the remaining term. Requires RemoteLink Mobile App (available on select Apple, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices); separate terms and conditions apply. Includes remote start (factory-installed and enabled remote system start required), lock / unlock (automatic locks required) and horn & lights. Does not include any Emergency Services or other OnStar services. To cancel Limited RemoteLink Mobile App Services or if your vehicle is sold, you must contact OnStar at 1-888.4.ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827). See onstar.ca for full details.
7. 2016 Trax FWD fuel consumption estimates based on GM preliminary testing in accordance with Government of Canada approved test methods. Refer to vehicles.nrcan.gc.ca for details. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
8. Always use safety belts and the correct restraint for your child’s age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with a passenger airbag. See the Owner’s Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.
9. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles can transmit all crash data. After the trial period (if applicable), an active OnStar service plan is required. Visit onstar.ca for coverage maps, details and system limitations.
10. Limit of four complimentary Lube-Oil-Filter services in total. Fluid top-offs, inspections, tire rotations, wheel alignments and balancing, etc., are not covered.
11. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply. See dealer for limited warranty details.