If equipped, Hands-Free Start allows you to start your vehicle upon entering with your key fob. You just sit in the driver seat and close the door or apply the brake.
Using Hands-Free Start
- Sit in the driver seat with your key fob on you or in the cupholder.
- Start the vehicle with either of these methods:
- Close the driver door. (This method only works if the key fob hasn’t been left in the vehicle from a previous drive.)
- Press the brake pedal.
- When the vehicle is ready to drive, you’ll see a Vehicle Ready alert within the Driver Information Centre (DIC).
- Shift into PARK.
- After a drive cycle (shifting out of and back into PARK), the vehicle will turn off with these actions as you exit:
- Release the pedal.
- Unfasten your seat belt.
- Open the driver door.
- Tap the Vehicle Off icon in the centre display.
- You can also wait for the vehicle to turn off automatically.
- An automatic shut-off occurs up to 60 minutes after the last detected brake pedal press, seat belt use or transmission shift when the vehicle is in PARK.
NOTE: Climate control functions (e.g., defrost, heating and air conditioning) are only available while the vehicle is powered on.
Using Keep Vehicle On Mode
You can keep your vehicle running during brief situations when you need to exit with Keep Vehicle On mode. This also enables climate control functions (e.g., air conditioning, heat, defrost) to remain on. To use Keep Vehicle On, it is recommended that you stay close enough to monitor activity around the vehicle and follow these steps:
- Tap the Keep Vehicle On icon in your centre display (an image of a vehicle overlapping a clock).
- This icon is only visible and available when your vehicle is in PARK.
- Set the parking brake before exiting the vehicle.
- You’ll see a pop-up on the screen showing how long your vehicle will remain on.
- The pop-up is a reminder to check that you have enough charge for that approximate amount of time.
- To exit Keep Vehicle On mode before the estimated time runs out, tap the Vehicle Off icon in the centre display. (This also shuts off the vehicle.)
- Tap the Keep Vehicle On icon again to reset the time, if desired.
Yes. In extremely cold temperatures, it could take up to 15 seconds for the Vehicle Ready alert to appear.
The Vehicle Off icon is not typically visible in the centre display while driving. If a drive mode is entered where it is visible at high speeds, you should only tap the Vehicle Off icon in an emergency. See your Owner’s Manual for more information on powering off the vehicle in an emergency.
Looking for something else?
Need more help?
Communicate with one of our specialists.